Log-in screen for the appraisal management system
- Codeigniter 2
- jQuery/jQuery UI
- HTML5/CSS 3
Appraisal start screen
Add/edit notes modal window for appraisal objective screen
Saints at Play were invited to work with Shelter’s in-house development/IT team to help deliver a web based in-house electronic appraisal management system built upon a set of best practice standards.
Leveraging the flexibility and rapid development features of the CodeIgniter MVC framework we helped architect a series of code libraries and application logic that was both scaleable and optimised that would allow Shelter to build upon and extend with ease in the future. Combining native DOM scripting with jQuery and TinyMCE we also added cross-browser compatible front-end scripting that provided important UI functionality such as custom modals, menu toggles and intensive validation/DOM manipulation tasks.
Key functionality included:
- Dynamically generated TinyMCE editor instances
- Responsive modal window functionality
- PHP integration with in-house LDAP and web service infrastructure
- Implementing AJAX for server side data/DOM manipulation related tasks
- Custom DOM cloning and removal methods
- Hierarchical management structure for appraisal data entry and sign-off
Shelter were so pleased with the end result that they have already discussed working with Saints at Play on further iterations and potential future projects.